Making a Difference
2021 Scholarship Application Details:
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. Cincinnati Alumnae Chapter offers scholastic opportunities in support of the sorority’s educational thrust. The Scholastic Achievement Awards are targeted to girls that are high school seniors, college bound and have achieved a minimum 2.75 GPA. Candidates are eligible for competitive scholarship awards based on academic achievement, demonstrated leadership, community service involvement, good character/citizenship and financial need. The deadline to apply and submit all documents for scholarship consideration is March 31, 2021.
Any application that is not completed in its entirety, will become ineligible for further consideration.
• Eligible applicants must be graduating high school seniors who are females and college bound for the fall of 2021.
• Leadership, community involvement, academic achievement and financial need are considered.
• All completed applications must be submitted via email by the student or parent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of March 31, 2021.
• All accompanying application materials (i.e. transcript, reference letter) must be submitted via email by the school or service referral to email@example.com by the deadline of March 31, 2021.
• Candidates must also submit addendum items below to complete the online application:
____One page typed essay (see application for topics)
____Official transcript with GPA, embossed seal or signature of school counselor or principal.
____Two Letters of Recommendation (Counselor or Teacher and a Community Leader)
• Recommendation letters should appear on OFFICIAL LETTERHEAD from the SCHOOL and/or COMMUNITY SERVICE ORGANIZATION and addressed to Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, INC-Cincinnati Alumnae Chapter between 2/8/21 and 3/31/21 with appropriate signature and date.
Applicants who submit all required documents by the deadline, and are selected as finalists will be contacted by the Scholarship Committee and informed of a virtual interview date, time and location in April. Award recipients will be notified by June, 2021.
Please review all instructions very carefully and provide all documents requested to complete your application. Also note that you must sign the declaration on the last page of the application.
Should you have questions, you may direct them to the email provided.
Celestine Goodloe & Carmen Jett
Cincinnati Alumnae Chapter - Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Scholarship Committee Chairs